Monday, May 31, 2010

Project #1 Level: Easy

Dear Hannah, the decorating guru,

Here is my first project of the summer. I have loved this shelving unit from IKEA. I got it from my dear friend, Melanie in St. Louis about five years ago. It was in her adorable house in University City and held all of her dishes, glassware, etc. Very functional. It was the backdrop of many wonderful dinner parties in my college days.



Yet, we live in the present. The blond wood finish does not match the rest of our furniture, which has a dark walnut or cherry finish (nothing matches!). I definitely have a sentimental attachment to the piece, but does it need to go altogether? What do you think? To say it is cluttered is a gross understatement. Embarrassingly, there are both Christmas and Easter decorations still scattered about on it. I love displaying our tchotchkes, books and photos plus I need a place to store blankets, but I hate how it looks! Help!

Also, I'm painting. I'm thinking neutrals. Thoughts?




love,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment