Sunday, March 21, 2010

Name Your Aesthetic.





Parsons Desk in the kitchen, and the nursery, just for fun... aw, heck, why not post the whole house? This is about as clean as it gets....


Ellen,
Do you think I should get a viking hat with horns? Funny story-- when I was an RA in college my room had a hat like that which was 'part' of the room--you were supposed to take goofy picture with it and then pass it on to the next RA. Sadly, it was plastic. I can't have a 'decorating' style like a Viking who was not a decorator! Ellen the history buff strikes again! But I know what you mean.
Here is the only pic I could find with my Parsons desk. We have been lucky to have it for a desk and a kitchen table. The little drawers are perfect for hiding my 'puter.
The last time we took a stab at naming my aesthetic I think it was Modern Romantic. I tried to use the work 'organic' but I think it made you think of patchouli. What it means to me is that I like natural things: the birchwood logs I have in the corner (that everyone makes fun of me for making my uncle haul from Washington--and now they are going back!), and things shaped like leaves, eggs, etc., usually in hues of white. There is a picture in the magchunk.com link you posted that matches one in my dream room file! It's the one that has the For Like Ever above the mantle. The pinks, tans, whites, pale blues...it's all perfect. The article was from Domino, and do you remember what it was called? Modern Romance. Ha!
And as for you, my dear....let's work with...Cheery Traditional with a Modern twist!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your home looks cohesive and very you. In naming your aesthetic, I just feel we're leaving out the cheeky part of your style that includes glitter, sequins, and hot pink skirts. I think instead of the Viking Hat you need the horse you were telling me about. In white. My mother brought me up to hate white, especially white walls. Thank you for helping me fall for white. I'm going to miss your house. xoxo

    ReplyDelete