Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Far Country

Okay, since you asked nicely, here are some song lyrics:

This is not the end her at this grave/This is just a hole that someone made/Every hole was made to fill/And every heart can feel it still-/Our nature hates a vacuum//This is not the hardest part of all/ This is just the seed that has to fall/All our lives we till the ground/Until we lay our sorrows down/ And watch the sky for rain// There is more-more than all this pain/ More than all the falling down/ and getting up again/ There is more/ More than we can see/ From our tiny vantage point/ In this vast eternity; There is more// A thing resounds when it rings true/ Ringing all the bells inside of you/ Like a golden sky on a summer eve/Your heart is tugging at your sleeve/ and you cannot say why/ There must be something more//There is more/ More than we can stand/Standing in the glory/of a love that never ends/there is more/ more than we can guess/morae and more, forever more/ and not a second less//There is more than what the naked eye can see/Clothing all our days with mystery/ Watching over everything/ Wilder than our wildest dreams/Could ever dream to be/There is more

Father Abraham/Do you remember when/you were called to a land and you didn't know the way// 'Cause we are wandering/ In a foreign land/ We are children of the promise of the faith//And I long to find it/Can you feel it, too?/ That the sun that's shining/ Is a shadow of the truth//This is a far country, a far country/Not my home//In the dark of the night/ I can feel the shadows all around me/ Cold shadows in the corners of my heart//But the heart of the fight/ is not the flesh but in the spirit/ And the spirit's got me shaking in the dark// And I long to go there/ I can feel the truth/ I can hear the promise/ Of the angles of the moon// I can see in the strip malls and the phone calls/ The flaming swords of Eden/ In the fast cash and the news flash/ and the horn blast of war/ In the sin-fraught cities of the dying and the dead like steel-wrought graveyards where the wicked never rest/ To the high and the lonely mountain in the groaning wilderness/ we ache for what is lost/ As we wait for the Holy God/ Of Father Abraham// I was made to go there/ Out of this far country/ To my home, my home.

Wow. I didn't think this was going to be a post today, or any day. And I know it may be kind of dramatic. These lyrics sung by Andrew Peterson are from the CD that sweet Frances gave me at our goodbye party--and is titled Far Country. I know we have different views on some things, and I know that these lyrics might harp on some of those differences a bit. But I also know that we both cling to the hope and belief that things will be better than they are, that good will overcome evil (of which you have seen plenty, working in the inner city), and that wounds will be healed. And I also happen to believe that believing this will help us to share love and healing in the here and now. Also, I like this song because Father Abraham is in 3 out of 5 world religions...tho't you'd like that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment