Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Even More Color, and a Meatball Update










So, not because I didn't WANT to do your recipe...I made a few changes. I'd already gone shopping, you see, before I got your response. So here's what I did, and didn't do:
3 slices of bread (I used store bought breadcrumbs, therefore no food processor. But I got it out of the cupboard!)
1/4 c whole milk (no)
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey (the dark meat kind has more flavor and fat) (I already bought a ton of ground beef)
3 scallions, finely chopped (oops, no)
2 small garlic cloves, minced (yes! from a jar)
2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley (not fresh. from a jar)
1 large egg (I double the recipe and still only had one egg, but figured it was okay, since beef has more fat)
S&P (yes)

Like I said, I didn't have to process the bread crumbs as they were already fine. But I did the rest:

Place bread in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form
In a large bowl, combine turkey, scallions, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper
Beat egg and add
Sprinkle bread crumbs over entire mixture, then blend with a fork
Add milk (do NOT add before this point - lesson learned the hard way)
With hands (wet hands work best), form mixture into balls - all sizes work great, just adjust cooking time
Freeze on a cookie sheet & keep up to 3 month or cook right away in a little olive oil
For small - medium sized balls cook 5-7 min.

The recipe comes from Everyday Food Magazine Jan/Feb '08.


So, that is how Hannah, with best intentions, follows a recipe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment