Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bright on Neutral (re: Project #1: Easy)

Dear Ellen,
I don't know if I would get rid of the bookcase (yet). I know you are in purge mode, but I also know it may be a while before you get a new bookcase. So, in the meantime, maybe you can really edit it for color, and decide what it is you most need to store in that space. The first image below is from the now deceased Blueprint Magazine (why do the best ones always die young?). Maybe that space is for kitchen overflow for you! It wouldn't be too far fetched, as these shelves are basically in the homeowner's living room. I think her whole apartment was like 400 square feet! Isn't the image of the bed yummy? All of your favorite brights, with a crisp white background. You can't go wrong. The image with the sofa reminds me of your living room--except for you caramel colored sofa! So, you're right in thinking neutral. Your blue paint might not have to go, after all! I like it. There is one image for you that I think will be your fave. Let's see if I can find it... (I know, not properly rotated...sorry!)





All images but the top one are from Real Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment