Monday, May 2, 2011

Ella




Wow, I think I like the second beginning better! I like that she started with things she liked before she decided on her favorite things. I liked how I might not have to completely redo all the illustrations. Ha! I liked the setting; I feel like I'm sitting there on the blueish industrial carpet with Ella, thinking hard. I can see all this happening. Nice!

Funny, I thought Cile was spelled like you say it, Seal! I don't like the way it's spelled now, and I think half your readers will get it wrong. By the way, it's a good thing that I'm getting so attached to my own notions about your book. It means I like it...when we like a book, we get attached to our own interpretation of it. Also, it felt bit awkward that she did NOT think about Kate, because now we're all thinking about Kate except Ella. I get what you were trying to do...bring up the conflict, and you did it very deftly. Get a second opinion on that, I might just be in a weird mood. Keep writing, pleeaze!

1 comment:

  1. Being surrounded by six-year-olds everyday is helping me write. I know what hooks them in. Cile is short for Lucile. I'll go back to spelling it Seal - you're right, it's easier. I'm still hung up on the conflict. It may still have to do with her sister, or, like you suggested, it may be more of an inner conflict. And, it's OUR book. xo

    ReplyDelete