Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Yum!

Dear Hannah,

I like Mr. Chubby Cheeks. Your pictures make my mouth water (especially the cookie and donut). It is amazing to me how you see art in the simplest things like pasta in a pot. So pretty!

Tomorrow is Dr. Seuss' birthday and we are celebrating at school by making pink yink ink and butter on toast (both butter side up and butter side down). There will be pictures.

This is a picture from last year of my perfect spring lunch: local tomatoes, goat cheese, eggs and pickles with tinned smoked trout, flat breads and pumpernickel sticks. The weather is finally warming up in Nashvegas and I have spring fever!



Trader Joe's has the best heirloom navel oranges right now. I'm squeezing one or two every morning for breakfast.



This is a lunch I made recently for a friend: cucumber sandwiches, butternut squash soup, chickpea salad, grapes, cheese and water crackers (cranberry goat cheese and apricot Stilton), and raspberries on pound cake all served with tea. I wish you had been there.



I miss you!
xoxo,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment