Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pink!!

Dear Ellen, How did your pink yink ink come out?
I know Valentine's Day was SO last month, but I can't
get pink off the brain. After all these years, it is still
one of my absolute favorite colors. Even laundry can
be pretty if it is in good light, and it happens to be pink.
Or a pencil sharpener! By the way, here is a brain-bender.
I think I might have shared this with you before. A friend
of mine once wondered aloud, "How come pink is the only
color that is another color (red) plus white that gets its own name?"
It's true. Blue plus white is...light blue. Yellow plus white is...light yellow.
It's too bad I don't speak very many languages, but I know there are at
least a few languages that have pink in its own category. "Rosa" is pink in
Spanish, and again, there are no brand new names for the other pastel colors.








No comments:

Post a Comment