Saturday, April 30, 2011

Time to end the hiatus

Dear Hannah,

Happy birthday, again! I love your 30 Rocks! post on artisallaroundus. But does it really rock? I'm seven months away from the milestone today and, I have to admit, I'm dreading it.

(By the way, friends, Hannah and I both have our own blogs now. Hannah's is about her ability to see art in almost anything including dirty dishes and donuts. The address is http://artisallaroundus.wordpress.com/. Mine is about being in an interfaith marriage and learning how to be a household that supports Christianity and Judaism. The address is http://goymeetsboy.blogspot.com/. Check them out!)

Well, after our conversation yesterday, I've decided to quit my decorating hiatus. I realized I've been living in a state of fear. Fear of commitment because I still think this house is too good to be true, fear of failure because you are not here to catch me if I fall, and fear that my taste just plain sucks. For the past five and a half months, I've tried to go neutral, minimal, and natural and it just isn't me! I love kitch. I miss the kitch! I also love clutter.

I was reminded today how much I love the colors and design of my all time favorite show EVER: Gilmore Girls. I found this post from Hooked on Houses. So many images of Lorelai's house! There's also this post about the inn.

Another house I love is from Harry Potter (goodness, I'm a dork). I love the Weasleys' kitchen, especially.


While I was looking around, I remembered how obsessed we were/are about the set design from It's Complicated.


Then I stumbled upon this site and saw these images:


Also, I found this post from Apartment Therapy - check it out! Decor in the form of food. Yum.

As I was driving home from the grocery store, I saw the West Elm window. It was full of wooden pallets painted white. I thought, why couldn't I turn one into a coffee table? Turns out, I'm not the only person to think of it. I'm going to try to build one. I found these images:


This one is from Papernstitchblog.com and comes with directions here.


This one is from Apartment Therapy Los Angeles


This one is from Shelterness

I think I'll paint mine orange or poppy.

What do you think?

xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment