Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Baby Shower

Dear Hannah,

I still remember your baby shower with such fondness. Bowls of chili, copious amounts of lager (which I could drink!), good friends, and GAMES! Of course, Matthew and I dominated! My favorite was identifying the candy bars melted in the tiny diapers - yep that's right - guess the poop was my favorite. Mostly I remember you and Ben being so content with life - the life you had at that exact moment and with the little life growing inside you. I'm trying to channel that feeling right now. Can you believe that was more than four years ago?

 Well, my sisters were able to capture the same feel as your shower and put their own twist on it. The evening was beautiful. From the baby themed play list to the pictures all over the place of Matthew and me when we were babies, to the delicious food and cocktails to the company - it all made us feel so content with life.Thank you Allison and Erica!








Wish you could have been there!
Love,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment