Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chores

Dear Hannah,

Have you seen this website? Flylady.com - she's a woman on a mission and a ministry to help people take care of their homes. In anticipation of the New Year, I resolve to take care of my home.

Currently our most neglected, least attractive, and most cluttered space is our bedroom. According to Flylady:

"Your bedroom should be the cleanest room in your home. Many of you still use yours as a garbage/clutter disposal for the rest of the house. If your bedroom is clean and clutter free, then it becomes an inviting haven for building your relationship with your spouse. The best gift you can give your children is a strong marriage. This is true whether your children are 2 or 40 years old."

Besides decluttering, I want to create clear zones - sleeping, dressing, and rocking baby. Also, we need a headboard. The room feels out of balance and so I did a little research on Feng Shui. Here is what I found. We need a headboard for which I have no budget - as in no $. So, I'm thinking something like this. I've got some other ideas posted on pintrest here.

What do you think?

Love,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment