Thursday, November 11, 2010

Graphic-Happy



I've been having a little fun with some black and white and patterns incorporated into my neutral-as-Switzerland color palette! Remember the pillows? They're from fabricadabra and I love them! The paintings in the kitchen are me playing with my new (old) paints and canvases that my Grandad and Nana just brought me. I like to think of some paintings as fitting in the the 'canvas' of the room.
Here are Grandad and Nana! Sammy loves them. They DROVE from Turlock, California, to Spokane, Washington, which is, I think, 18 hours in the car. One thing they did besides visit our various family members in the Pacific Northwest was bring me a huge stack of canvases and paints. They wanted to see what I did with them, so here's a few. I'm having fun with the freedom to just 'play' right now. I used old latex paint to stencil the bathroom, but I did use one of the brushes they brought. I got a polka dot stencil from the stencil library and voila! It took a while because it was a small stencil. But I feel good about turning a pretty run-of-the-mill bathroom wall into something interesting. And it even ties in the dweeby light fixture until I replace it! The little ugly doll is from Uncle Andy's Boo Radley's in Spokane. I thought he looked funny in such a traditional setting. :) The silhouette is Ben when he was a little boy and Paul and Amy let me swipe it from Ben's old closet!
Remember I was looking for the perfect lamp for the bathroom? Did I ever show you this? It is from Value Village. A thrift store!! Remember my Craigslist couch? Re-covered, of course. The pillow is from bestillshop on etsy. And, since this is turning into the home-shopping channel, the clock is from L.L. Bean. It's supposed to slowly glow as it wakes you up gently, but I've never used it!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A glimpse into a place I wish I could visit! I miss you guys... You're amazing, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful it was to be able to visit this loving and comfortable home. We loved it and it is neat to see it in "print" at it's pistene best! The only thing missing is a picture of the two special propriators of this establishment:-) Love you ALL

    ReplyDelete